November is right around the corner and I’m very excited to switch up my TBR! This time I decided not to use my TBR jar to pick the next books for a special reason. The first round of the Goodreads Choice Awards is here and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to catch up with this year’s releases. Some of them I’ve been wanting to read for a while but never got to it, and others I just found out and got curious. With the exception of three books – The Girl Who Drank the Moon, Red Hood and The Game -, all of the picks are nominees for the award. So these are the books I picked for my November TBR:
- The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman
- Regretting You by Colleen Hoover
- All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn Grace
- Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James
- Red Hood by Elana K. Arnold
- The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins
- Beach Read by Emily Henry
- Home Before Dark by Riley Sager
- The Game by Linsey Miller
- Fable (#1) by Adrienne Young
The only book that was not published this year was The Girl Who Drank the Moon, unlike all the other picks. As you can see, there is a lot of variety with genres. We have romance, thriller/horror, fantasy, contemporary, adult, young adult and middle grade. This is great because this way I have different options if I’m in the mood to read a specific genre.
Like I said – unlike what I did this month – I usually pick my books with the help of my trusted TBR jar. If you are curious about what is currently on my tbr categories, click on the tab “TBR” above to find out.