Updated: 27 January 2021
Hello readers, I hope you’re doing well!
Today I’m bringing you my reading plans for the month of February. I know February is the perfect month for romance books because of Valentine’s day, but I’m not a big seasonal reader. I think the only love story you’ll find in this list are the books from the series A Court of Thorns and Roses. I usually just read what I feel like reading at the moment and this month is no exception.
And I swear on my life I didn’t do it on purpose, but the color scheme of my February TBR is looking good! Isn’t it nice when everything just works out? Anyways, here are the books I’m planning to read in February:
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- Split Second (The Pivot Point #2) by Kasie West
- A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas
- A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3) by Sarah J. Maas
- The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
- Pine by Francine Toon
- Away with the Penguins by Hazel Prior
- Cut Off by Adrianne Finlay
- The Wife Upstairs by Rachel Hawkins
- Of Wicked Blood by Olivia Wildenstein and Katie Havoz
So as you can see, this month I have a mix of very different books. I’ve wanted to read some of them for a while but also added – surprise, surprise – a new release! I’ve got The Wife Upstairs to read and two other books I keep seeing everywhere: Pine and Away with the Penguins!
Another cool thing that happened in January is that I got my first ever NetGalley audiobook: the book Of Wicked Blood! I never had the chance to read an audiobook from NetGalley, so I’m very excited to experience this for the first time.
The rest of the books are books I’ve wanted to read for a while. Two of the books were in my previous TBR list – Split Second and The Starless Sea -, and I’m putting them here again because I can’t seem to motivate myself to finish them, but I hope I’ll do it this month 🙂
I hope you liked my selections for this month!
📚 TBR PILE categories
I saw some Youtube videos where people found creative ways of choosing their next reads in random ways. I thought the idea was really fun, so I created a list for myself with some of the categories I saw on Youtube that I found interesting. Some of them are self explanatory, but I’ll still leave a small description in front of the category. Here are my categories!
- <200 Pages – Books that have less than 200 pages.
- >500 Pages– Books that have more than 500 pages.
- Published this Year– Books that were published this year.
- Published between 2015-2019 – Books published between the years 2015 and 2019.
- Published before 2015– Books that were published before 2015.
- Gifted or Borrowed – Books that were borrowed or gifted to me.
- Stand alone – Books that are in part of a series.
- Sequel – Books that are part of a series I already started but did not finish yet.
- Recent Purchase – Books I purchased in the last months.
- 5 Star Prediction – Books I think I will love and rate five stars.
- Name in the Title – Books that have a name in the title.
- Sister pick – Books my sister picks for me between two or three options.
- Romance – Romance books (duh).
- Fantasy – Fantasy books (duh).
- Horror– Horror books (duh).
- Young Adult– Young adult books (duh).
- Science Fiction– Science fiction books (space, technology, etc.).
- Thriller – Thriller books (duh).
- Old in TBR – Books that I want to read for a long time but I never picked them (yet!).
- ARC – Books that were sent by publishers.
- Re-read – Books I already read.
- Hyped – Books that were hyped by the book community.
- Title Starts with Letter – Books that start with a specific letter. This letter is chosen by spinning a wheel with the alphabet.
- Picked by Friend – Books picked by my friends from two or three book options.
- Pet Pick – Books picked by my cats from two or three book options – yes, I know it sounds crazy but I saw a girl on Youtube doing it and I thought it was funny!
- Treat You’shelf – I’m giving permission to buy myself a new book!
- Classic – Books that are considered classics.
- Flowers in the Cover – Books with flower drawings or title references to flowers.
- Person in the Cover – Books that have a person or any human body part in the cover.
- Most Anticipated – Part of my most anticipated books list.
- Mama Pick – Books my mother picked between two or three options.
- Highest Rated – Books that are highly rated on my Goodreads’ “Want to read” list.
- Lowest Rated– Books that are poorly rated on my Goodreads’ “Want to read” list.
- Boyfriend Pick– Books my mother picked between two or three options.
- One Word Title – Books with titles that have only one word.
- Mood Reading – Whatever I feel like reading at the moment.
- Unfinished – Books I’ve started but never finished.
- New Series – First books in a series I never read.
- Trope I love – Books that feature one of my favorite tropes.
- Graphic Novel – Books like comics, manga or any form of sequential art.
If you have any ideas for fun categories, let me know! I’m always looking for fun new categories to add to my TBR jar.