Updated: 29 December 2020
New year, new me! I want to start this year off with a great selection of books I’m excited about! As you can probably see, most of the books with the exception of Layla and The Project are books that were published a long time ago. The reason for my choices is that I want to focus on series I always wanted to read but I never got the chance to read. The Project is an arc I got from NetGalley that is going to be published in February. So these are the books I picked for my January TBR:
- The Project by Courtney Summers
- A Court of Thorns Roses (A Court of Thorns Roses #1) by Sarah J. Maas
- Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
- O Fantasma de Maddy Clare by Simone St. James
- Layla by Colleen Hoover
- Life, the Universe and Everything (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy #3) by Douglas Adams
- Warcross (Warcross #1) by Marie Lu
- Wildcard (Warcross #2) by Marie Lu
- Pivot Point (Pivot Point #1) by Kasie West
- Split Second (Pivot Point #2) by Kasie West
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick
I hope you liked my selections for this month! Happy New Year everyone!
📚 TBR PILE categories
I saw some Youtube videos where people found creative ways of choosing their next reads in random ways. I thought the idea was really fun, so I created a list for myself with some of the categories I saw on Youtube that I found interesting. Some of them are self explanatory, but I’ll still leave a small description in front of the category. Here are my categories!
- <200 Pages – Books that have less than 200 pages.
- >500 Pages– Books that have more than 500 pages.
- Published this Year– Books that were published this year.
- Published between 2015-2019 – Books published between the years 2015 and 2019.
- Published before 2015– Books that were published before 2015.
- Gifted or Borrowed – Books that were borrowed or gifted to me.
- Stand alone – Books that are in part of a series.
- Sequel – Books that are part of a series I already started but did not finish yet.
- Recent Purchase – Books I purchased in the last months.
- 5 Star Prediction – Books I think I will love and rate five stars.
- Name in the Title – Books that have a name in the title.
- Sister pick – Books my sister picks for me between two or three options.
- Romance – Romance books (duh).
- Fantasy – Fantasy books (duh).
- Horror– Horror books (duh).
- Young Adult– Young adult books (duh).
- Science Fiction– Science fiction books (space, technology, etc.).
- Thriller – Thriller books (duh).
- Old in TBR – Books that I want to read for a long time but I never picked them (yet!).
- ARC – Books that were sent by publishers.
- Re-read – Books I already read.
- Hyped – Books that were hyped by the book community.
- Title Starts with Letter – Books that start with a specific letter. This letter is chosen by spinning a wheel with the alphabet.
- Picked by Friend – Books picked by my friends from two or three book options.
- Pet Pick – Books picked by my cats from two or three book options – yes, I know it sounds crazy but I saw a girl on Youtube doing it and I thought it was funny!
- Treat You’shelf – I’m giving permission to buy myself a new book!
- Classic – Books that are considered classics.
- Flowers in the Cover – Books with flower drawings or title references to flowers.
- Person in the Cover – Books that have a person or any human body part in the cover.
- Most Anticipated – Part of my most anticipated books list.
- Mama Pick – Books my mother picked between two or three options.
- Highest Rated – Books that are highly rated on my Goodreads’ “Want to read” list.
- Lowest Rated– Books that are poorly rated on my Goodreads’ “Want to read” list.
- Boyfriend Pick– Books my mother picked between two or three options.
- One Word Title – Books with titles that have only one word.
- Mood Reading – Whatever I feel like reading at the moment.
- Unfinished – Books I’ve started but never finished.
- New Series – First books in a series I never read.
- Trope I love – Books that feature one of my favorite tropes.
- Graphic Novel – Books like comics, manga or any form of sequential art.
If you have any ideas for fun categories, let me know! I’m always looking for fun new categories to add to my TBR jar.