Updated: 01 October 2020
The Fall season is my favorite time of the year! I just love how the weather starts to cool down and I start to get cozy with blankets and drinking hot beverages – especially lattes and yes, I’m that kind of girl. So I decided my next “to-be-read” book pile needed to be perfect for this time of the year. I wanted the books to be mostly thrillers and darker novels to fit this mood.
Like I usually do, I decided to pick up the books I want to read next with the help of my TBR jar – if you are curious with what is currently on my tbr categories, scroll below to find out! So here are the twelve books I’m looking forward to reading according to the categories that were randomly chosen!
- Title Starts with T: The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager
- Pet pick: Trust by Kylie Scott
- >500 Pages: Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky
- Horror: Pet Sematary by Stephen King
- Old in TBR: Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
- Published Before 2015: Steelheart #1 by Brandon Sanderson
- Picked by Friend: The Other People by C.J. Tudor
- Flowers in the Cover: The Broken Girls by Simone St. James
- Name in the Title: My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell
- Mood Reading: They Wish They Were Us by Jessica Goodman
- 5 Star Prediction: Hood by Jenny Elder Moke
- Published this Year: Fable #1 by Adrienne Young
There are some great books here that I really want to pick up in the near future. I tried to pick different styles, so I have some contemporary books, fantasy books, thrillers and romances. And they all have a common element: darkness. I’m just really in the mood for dark novels right now because I think it pairs well with this time of the year. Time to grab my latte, blanket and get my geek on!
📚 TBR PILE categories
I saw some Youtube videos where people found creative ways of choosing their next reads in random ways. I thought the idea was really fun, so I created a list for myself with some of the categories I saw on Youtube that I found interesting. Some of them are self explanatory, but I’ll still leave a small description in front of the category. Here are my categories!
- <200 Pages – Books that have less than 200 pages.
- >500 Pages– Books that have more than 500 pages.
- Published this Year– Books that were published this year.
- Published between 2015-2019 – Books published between the years 2015 and 2019.
- Published before 2015– Books that were published before 2015.
- Gifted or Borrowed – Books that were borrowed or gifted to me.
- Stand alone – Books that are in part of a series.
- Sequel – Books that are part of a series I already started but did not finish yet.
- Recent Purchase – Books I purchased in the last months.
- 5 Star Prediction – Books I think I will love and rate five stars.
- Name in the Title – Books that have a name in the title.
- Sister pick – Books my sister picks for me between two or three options.
- Romance – Romance books (duh).
- Fantasy – Fantasy books (duh).
- Horror– Horror books (duh).
- Young Adult– Young adult books (duh).
- Science Fiction– Science fiction books (space, technology, etc.).
- Thriller – Thriller books (duh).
- Old in TBR – Books that I want to read for a long time but I never picked them (yet!).
- ARC – Books that were sent by publishers.
- Re-read – Books I already read.
- Hyped – Books that were hyped by the book community.
- Title Starts with Letter – Books that start with a specific letter. This letter is chosen by spinning a wheel with the alphabet.
- Picked by Friend – Books picked by my friends from two or three book options.
- Pet Pick – Books picked by my cats from two or three book options – yes, I know it sounds crazy but I saw a girl on Youtube doing it and I thought it was funny!
- Treat You’shelf – I’m giving permission to buy myself a new book!
- Classic – Books that are considered classics.
- Flowers in the Cover – Books with flower drawings or title references to flowers.
- Person in the Cover – Books that have a person or any human body part in the cover.
- Most Anticipated – Part of my most anticipated books list.
- Mama Pick – Books my mother picked between two or three options.
- Highest Rated – Books that are highly rated on my Goodreads’ “Want to read” list.
- Lowest Rated– Books that are poorly rated on my Goodreads’ “Want to read” list.
- Boyfriend Pick– Books my mother picked between two or three options.
- One Word Title – Books with titles that have only one word.
- Mood Reading – Whatever I feel like reading at the moment.
- Unfinished – Books I’ve started but never finished.
- New Series – First books in a series I never read.
- Trope I love – Books that feature one of my favorite tropes.
- Graphic Novel – Books like comics, manga or any form of sequential art.
If you have any ideas for fun categories, let me know! I’m always looking for fun new categories to add to my TBR jar.